Friday 28 January 2011

Laika


I received a book voucher from Nell's folks for Christmas, so obviously I was going to try my hardest to spend it on comic-type books. I got a couple of books by Jason ( The Last Musketeer and Werewolves of Montpellier- both highly recommended), and finally picked up Laika by Nick Abadzis.

This was a great book! It certainly melted my ice-cold heart. Convincingly fleshed out characters (presumably based on real people) on the Soviet Space mission in the 50s. Their mission- send a dog into orbit to see if a human could survive the trip. The artwork is clean, with lush colouring and on nice paper. A decent read for all ages for sure, and well worthy of the Eisner it won.

It's pretty cheap on Amazon at the moment, so get over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment